Saturday, October 10, 2009

Chicago 2009: Ready to Roll

Just a touch above the freezing point with winds around 6 mph.  That's what is expected for conditions as we line up tomorrow for the Chicago Marathon.  Far more comfortable than the heat and humidity that runners felt the past two years.


I hit this week's mileage exactly as I had planned: 25 miles at relatively easy pace for the most part, with exception to a couple of miles at goal pace.  

Unfortunately, I had a really busy week with travel and a couple of poor night's sleep.  Also, my diet was not as strong as I would have like it to have been as I approach a marathon. 

It's all good.  I have put in the training.  I am in pretty good shape.  

I'll be running with the 3:00 pace group tomorrow.  Hopefully, I can sneak out in front of them as we approach the final miles and hang on for a sub-3.  We'll see.  

This will be my 3rd Chicago Marathon and my 17th overall.  I am excited that the conditions will allow us to leave it all out there tomorrow; unlike the last two years.

Marathon #4 of 2009 is here.  Time to go get it...

No comments: