Sunday, November 20, 2005

Week 2 of 16 Recap - 28.2 miles

RUNNING DOWN THE ROAD TO TAMPA
MARATHON TRAINING – WEEK 2 OF 16

Tuesday, 11/15/05

TIME: 38:54
EST DIST: 5.0
EST PACE: 7:47

6:44 AM - I have to say that I felt awful today. It was a poor run. Simply had one of those days where I couldn’t get the vibe. Felt sluggish. Had an upset stomach. I couldn’t wait to be done. Plus the Polar had a glitch in recording. Said I did an 11:58 first mile? No way.

This is a busy week, too. Have a three-day Category Management training session ; not too mention the LE1 Validation and Project work to keep up on!

Oh well, it was a start. We got home pretty late on Sunday night from Chicago and I was tired to start the week.

Wednesday, 11/16/05

6:42 AM – Trying to improve upon yesterday. Felt a little better, but it was still a sluggish run.

TIME: 40:49
DIST: 5.2
PACE: 7:50

Friday, 11/18/05

Had an excellent night’s sleep. I think I was simply exhausted earlier in the week. Today’s pace was far more similar to what I am used to. Was proud of myself. Got to bed early on Thurs night. Got up at 5:55 AM. Had a strong 7-miler, breakfast and made it to Vince Murphy's office for a meeting at 8AM. How's that for discipline?

TIME: 51:47
DIST: 7.0
PACE: 7:23

Saturday, 11/19/05

Just wanted to catch up this week. It was a nice fall day. Had an easy run around the back neighborhood.

TIME: 29:26
DIST: 4.0
PACE: 7:21

Sunday, 11/20/05 – Mohawk’s Peak plus add-on at Toilsome

12 NOON - Picture perfect weather. 49 degrees and sunny. I rocked this run. Ran amazingly well considering I felt a bit hung over. What a kick-ass run. Today’s run was supposed to be a RACE so I pushed the pace intentionally. Great run. Great job keeping achieving the target for the week.

TIME: 48:17
DIST: 7.0
PACE: 6:54

TOTAL FOR THE WEEK: 28.2 MILES


WEEK #2 SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED!

11/21 WEEK - RUN PLAN

  • Mon - Rest - travel to Cincy
  • Tue - AM 7Wed - AM 4 - Drive to PIT evening
  • Thu - PIT - T-Giving - May rest - play football - decide 4 today or Sat
  • Fri - AM 6
  • Sat - Open - 4 if needed
  • Sun - AM - 9 LSD
    TOTAL : 30

No comments: