Sunday, May 06, 2007

Tech meltdown! Aruba me, mon!

I'm having a technology week from hell. Basically, I've had not one, not two, but three sets of headphones that I use for my Ipod bite the dust. One pair was thanks to my lovely cat, Bailey, who gnawed at the wire. Second pair, a nice pair of noise canceling JVC's, I haphazardly caught on the coffee stand and ripped out the jack. Lastly, the back-up Sony's simply failed on my Friday run.

THEN... the peak of my week was when my Dell XPS motherboard completely broke down after 14 months of use. And NO it's not under warranty. I'm irate... I can't even load my IPod before we head to Aruba on Tuesday. You don't realize how dependent you are on your PC 'til it's on its death bed. UGH. This is the last Dell I buy... I may even sell my stock.

What's most important is that I met my mileage goal for the week. My favorite run was an excellent 6-miler near my company's office in CT... one of my old paths when I used to live there.

Recap of April 30 week

Mon - 5.3 miles
Tue - 4.7 miles
Wed - Rest
Thur - 6 miles - hills+speed - Silvermine, CT - 7:24 avg pace
Fri - 4 miles recovery
Sat - 7 miles - 7:45 avg pace (incl. one 400m lap at 1:24)
Sun - REST

Total: 27 miles - GOAL REACHED

I'm pretty sure this will be my last post until we get back from Aruba on May 14. Here are my upcoming weeks. In the meantime, I'll be slugging rum cocktails, beers and enjoying the view oceanside...

UPCOMING WEEKS

May 7 week - Goal: 20 miles - Run 8 tomorrow AM - ENJOY ARUBA - will try for three 4-milers on our trip
May 14 week - Arrive home Monday 5PM - Mileage goal: 33 incl a 10-miler on Saturday
May 21 week - Week 1 of modified Pfitz - Mile goal: 37
May 28 week - Mile goal: 43 - 10M race on Memorial Day

4 comments:

Big Jay said...

Technology drives me nuts sometimes. Hopefully all your issues and glitches will be straightened out soon.

Have a fabulous time in Aruba!

jen said...

Great week!

Have fun in Aruba!! Sounds wonderful. :)

MNFirefly said...

Technology bites at times. Have fun in Aruba!

Steve said...

Tech problems...sounds like user error to me.

Enjoy Aruba...run before 8am, it is hot/dry/windy down there (80 @ 8am)

Energize yourself for we start marathon training in June!