Saturday, December 03, 2005

Week 4 of 16 - 30 miles

RUNNING THE ROAD TO TAMPA
MARATHON TRAINING - WEEK 4 OF 16

OK, I admit it. I am cheating again. I am finishing this POST on Friday 12/9. It should have been posted by last Sunday. Anyway...

Monday, 11/28

6:45 AM -- Had an interesting start to the week. We arrived back from Pittsburgh at around 8PM on Sunday night. I was disciplined to get up on time for a nice 5-miler.

Only problem was that when I went out to the garage to leave for work, my car was not there! Jen had already left for work 45 minutes earlier. I realized that it had been sitting at work since Wed when Jen picked me up. We had totally forgotten to stop and pick it up on the way home on Sun night. SO... I had no ride to work. Luckily, I had no meetings scheduled and I was able to work from home.


TIME: 37:56
DIST: 5.0
PACE: 7:35

Tuesday, 11/29

3:41 PM - Escaped from the office - Ran in Silvermine. That's all I remember.


TIME: 38:43
DIST: 5.1
PACE: 7:35

Thursday, 12/1

1:40 PM - AGAIN, Escaped from the office - Ran in Silvermine. I took a different path on this day. I ran up and around the Silvermine Tavern. That's where we had our Procurement Holiday Dinner. Nice commitment after a bit of a late dinner last night.

TIME: 46:23
DIST: 6.1
PACE: 7:35

Friday, 12/2

6:45 AM - I decided to try the "repeats" thing. I went to the Norwalk HS track. I also wanted to take the opportunity to recalibrate my watch.

I think I counted a total of 15 laps on the 400m track. It was hard to keep track as I kept trying to recalibrate the Polar. Note that the fast pace laps averaged around 1:35.

TIME: 29 - DIST: 4 miles - EST PACE: 7:15

Saturday, 12/3

I needed to get this long run in on Saturday as we had plans all day on Sunday. Surprisingly, I didn't feel that well at the beginning of this run. In fact, I had run a solid two miles to check the calibration of my watch. After I reset my watch to start up again, my next 3 miles were rough. I felt really fatigued and had to walk a bit. It was a really busy week of work and maybe yesterday's speedwork was catching up with me. I got back to the house after about 5 miles; re-hydrated and felt pretty good the rest of the way.

TIME: 1:17:13 -- DIST: 10.0 miles -- EST PACE: 7:45

Sunday, 12/4

No running today, but it is worth noting that after a trek to NYC, and doing some major beer drinking in the bars - I was still able to muster a strong 4-goal performance in our 7-1 hockey game victory. Not a bad week. Not bad at all.

No comments: