Sunday, April 27, 2008

Baby, where are you as I plan for Green Bay?

Jen asked, so I will report that I am not a father yet. :( All of this waiting, putting life on hold... UGH. Not traveling for marathons or work. I suppose it's all part of the experience, right?

I caved and bought my 2nd Forerunner 305. I tried everything to reset the old one and it wouldn't take. It frustrates me that I got only 19 months of life on the first one, but it was still worth it. And blowing $400 on a 405 didn't suit my fancy.

So I broke out the "new" Garmin and saddled up for a 21-miler today. This after 29 miles earlier in the week, including a nice 4x1200 workout on Wed.

This 21-mile run was important since Green Bay is three weeks off, and I wanted to build some confidence that I am in decent shape to at least have a crack at a PR.

It was a strange week of running, in that I have found it slightly more difficult to get my mileage up into the 50's as I did in the winter. I am not sure if I am recovering as rapidly from some of these runs. I nearly bonked during my 10-miler on Friday. These 8k and 10k races seem to drain me for a couple of days after.

So today's run was a success. Based on this run, which was a 7:20 pace and a strong final push, I suppose I am am prepared to submit my entry to the Green Bay Marathon. I have to admit, however, I was feeling pretty much spent when I was done. I didn't leave much left in the tank. I guess when I average 6:50 for miles 19-21, that's to be expected.

Chalk up 50 for the week. I now begin another taper period - and wait, wait, wait for our little angel to arrive.

2 comments:

Triseverance said...

Good luck with everything, wave as you drive by my office on the way to GB.

jen said...

Thanks for the baby update. Great run!!