Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Back on the run - in more ways than one

I've basked in the glory of my sub-3 run at Austin enough for now.  I'm back at work training again.


Up next is the March Madness Half Marathon in Cary, IL, which I will run for the 3rd year in a row.  Ironically, I have my PR year from last year.  

It would be nothing less of a disaster to not at least shave three minutes to a new PR of 1:26.  I am training up for a 1:24.

Also, things are really picking up with the PRRC.  Planning efforts have begun to take up a considerable amount of my time, but I am enjoying it so far.  

I am really excited about the network of passionate runners here in Plainfield, IL that I have stumbled upon over the past few weeks.

We will be kicking off this club on April 22.  I am quite excited about being part of a running club in my hometown.

3 comments:

jen said...

Congrats on the progress and upcoming launch of the running club! And good luck with the HM, I'd be shocked if you didn't PR.

Darrell said...

The training never ends, does it. It is great to see that the running club is coming along nicely.

yumke said...

Good luck with the running club!