Monday, March 30, 2009

Plugging along toward Boston

It's been a couple weeks since my last post. I've been pretty busy.

Things are going really well in preparation for Boston. Last week, I ran 60 miles.

I just completed 67 miles this week. Highlights of this week's workouts included:

  • Wednesday - 6x1200m repeats w/ 2 min recovery jog
  • Sunday - 20 miles w/ 15 at goal marathon pace
I completed both of these workouts with very high quality. In addition, that makes two weeks in a row that I completed a strong 20 miler.

Boston is three weeks away tomorrow. I feel that I am tracking pretty closely to sub 3:00 condition once again.

If I look at my online training log over the past couple of week's runs, the results are strikingly similar to the same weeks of Austin cycle that I completed in January.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the training. Do you do hill and tempo training as part of your regimen for the tough hills in Boston? I've ran Cary HM and Boston before and find the courses pretty similar...

jen said...

Wow, congrats on the speed work and the MP Long Run. You are going to kill Boston. Did you get your packet yet? I heard they were mailed out. So exciting!!

Try to enjoy the taper. A little extra time with the baby girl, right? :)

Darrell said...

Awesome job with the training. I can't believe that Boston is almost here already.