Sunday, September 25, 2005

25-mile week complete (new shoes!)

I failed to mention in my earlier entry that I started using a new pair of Asics GT-2100 with this week's runs (which began on Tuesday). Please take note!

Alright, so the truth is that I was a bit hung over today. Jen and I went to a work friend of mine's party last night here in Norwalk. I think we got home around 1:30 AM. We had a really fun time, but I was a bit sluggish this morning from all the keg beer I slugged down. I'm still a little bitter that Tony and I lost in beer pong.

  • TIME: 22:30
  • EST MILEAGE: 3 miles
  • EST PACE: 7:30

I did keep my commitment to sneak in a 3-miler to get a total of 25 miles for the week. I got outside around 3:40 PM. I think I held a pretty snappy pace, all things considered. OK, it wasn't a big deal -- but I got it done. I ran through the Mark St. area - over to Dry Hill - down to Newtown - and over to Overbrook toward home. Now, it's off to Chicago tomorrow for work, where I hope get in 3 tomorrow evening - and 5 on Tuesday morning.

Plan for this week:

  • Mon: 3 - afternoon in Burr Ridge, IL
  • Tue: 5 - early morning in Burr Ridge, IL
  • Wed: Rest
  • Thu: 6
  • Fri: 4
  • Sat: Gym visit in the morning
  • Sun: 7

TOTAL OF 25 MILES

No comments: