Sunday, October 30, 2005

MARATHON ANNOUNCEMENT - Heading to Tampa!

TAMPA, FLORIDA - HERE I COME

After months of contemplation, I finally made the commitment to run my SIXTH marathon in six conesecutive years. I've committed to run the 2006 Tampa Marathon on Sunday, February 26, 2006.

I have purchased the airfare, reserved the hotel room. Just need to submit my registration.

http://www.tampabayrun.com/

Current Marathon PR: 3:23:55 -- Houston, 1/16/05
Target for 2006 Tampa Marathon: 3:20:00

This will make for one of my most challenging training periods for a marathon for a few reasons. One, I am in a Global job that requires quite a bit of travel. Two, the PR's are getting harder and harder to set. Three, we're contemplating a move to Chicago right around the time of this race! Not to mention that Hockey season has started and I need to stay healthy.

That's what makes fun, however... pushing myself to the limit. Exceling in my job, having fun with my wife, and keeping focused on my marathon goal.

Let the training begin!

ROUNDING OUT THE WEEK...

Saturday, 10/29/05

Mohawks Peak - beatiful Sat AM run at 9:30 AM. Then headed off to the Breeder's Cup!

TIME: 44:10
EST DIST: 6.0
EST PACE: 7:20

Sunday, 10/30/05 -- There-and-back to Toilsome via Overbrook

Jen rode the bike along side me. This was a warm for tonights hockey game. (In face, I gotta go right now!)

TIME: 30:30
EST DIST: 4.0
EST PACE: 7:30


WEEKLY RECAP:

  • Mon: Rest - Rain and hockey night before
  • Tue: 4.1 - Silvermine - Very cold rain!
  • Wed: 5.0 - Grumman/Toilsome path
  • Thu: 4.3 -
  • Fri: Rest
  • Sat: 6.0 - Mohawk's Peak
  • Sun: 4.0 - Up to Toilsome via Overbrook

TOTAL MILEAGE FOR WEEK: 23.4

Heading off to our 2nd hockey game of the year.

No comments: