For as long as I can remember, I’ve been always “above average” in understanding geekie, techie stuff. I went to a computer ‘camp’ in third grade if you can believe that. But, somehow, I fell behind the curve in the blog world.
Truth is that I’m getting a little jealous of all your running blogs with kick-ass features. Fact is I don’t know how to do any of it.
- Simple things like linking someone else’s name to your blog. [I had to look this one up while I was writing this...]
- And how do you guys post your upcoming races and PR's on the sides? I guess I need to learn HTML.
- It was a major accomplishment to get that profile pic up there. I’m guessing your just doing the insert pic thing? (All right, admission here, haven’t really tried to post more pics).
- Not that I want to even go to the effort, but seriously, how the hell are you getting music videos on your blogs? (Bob & Tara)
- Lastly, I can't even fathom how to get the custom template pics at the top of the page?
TODAY'S FIRST: The blog link
On to today’s run...
I come to learn from Zeke (see that!) that strides are not intended to be speed workouts. Say what? I thought I was supposed to be doing these things FAST. Unfortunately, I read that after this morning’s run.
I did 8 miles with 10 x 100 m strides in my usual street running here in the western ‘burbs. My approach was to do 3 easy at around 8 min per mile . I estimated that 100m at 6:00 min pace would be about 23 secs. So I did 23 seconds are and then slowed to a slow jog until my heart reached 150 bpm. So I am guessing now that I may have overdone it?
6:26 AM Start CDT
Avg HR: 155
Conditions: Excellent – cool and clear and comfy
Sleep: OK – only got 7 hrs
The aftermath: Slightly tired this afternoon