Friday, December 29, 2006

2007 rapidly descending upon us

I am a very goal-oriented person. Somehow, I turned out very forward-thinking. It could be even to a fault, since it can be hard sometimes to appreciate the present.

I've got my list of 2007 goals and plans, which certainly includes but is not limited to running. On top of running, I've got general plans sketched out for career, financial management, writing and even a category I call "family, house and home life".

I even have a list of eight or so things I want to do in my city/neighborhood in 2007. For inspiration, check out a site called 43 Things. It's one of my favorites. In the meantime, I've got my running goals listed on the right hand side.

I had a very strong 7-miler in McMurray, PA on the trail near my in-laws place. I finished my last mile in at 6:32 (ok, so it was mostly downhill, I still had to go up it on mile 1!).

Next, I got my 5 mile recovery in today. I am 23 miles week to date, which is ahead of plan.

I hope to get in 12 miles tomorrow, but it is unlikely I will go early with the CARA team tomorrow. I've got a buddy in town who will want to go out ... late.

Prepare for your successful 2007...!

6 comments:

Banking Miles said...

Your leg must be feeling a bit better or you are just not focusing on it as much since you have not mentioned it in your most recent entries. Hope that it continue to improve. Nice job on being able to increase your mileage.

MNFirefly said...

Sounds like things are getting better. Keep up the great job!

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like you have some great goals for 2007! Good luck! :)

Arcane said...

I actually hope to be where you are at now, by this time next year. Here's to hoping for a fast 2007. Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all in 2007 - I can't wait to read about them

Neese said...

Happy New Year Ryan :o)